Paint Care Tips
Automotive Paint Care Tips
Bergin Auto Body uses the highest quality automotive paints in the industry and we stand behind our work with a limited lifetime guarantee on your vehicle’s new finish. After your vehicle is painted by our skilled technicians, there are a few things you can do to help maintain its new look.
Washing Your Car
Washing your vehicle is very important in order to keep dust, dirt, and grime from sticking to your new paint job. To prevent dirt buildup and paint damage, your car should be washed frequently using a quality soap made specifically for washing cars. Do not use household detergents, as they can strip off your car’s wax protection.
- Avoid high pressure and commercial car washes for at least 30 days after painting
- Wash your car with fresh water and automotive soap
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Use a cotton cloth or chamois to wipe excess water from around doors, hood and trunk
Waxing Your Car
Waxing is a vital part of caring for your vehicle’s finish. A coat of wax acts as a shield to protect areas that have been polished and helps keep your car safe from harmful elements. Waxes containing carnauba are recommended because they provide a hard protective barrier between your paint and the environment.
- Wait 30 days after painting to wax your car
- Wax your car every four to six months
- Avoid waxing your car on hot, humid days and always wax in the shade
Protecting Your Car’s Paint
The hardest thing on your paint job is the environment and outdoor elements you drive in every day. Try to keep your vehicle safe from tree sap, road residue and bird droppings, and always try to wipe these off quickly or they could damage the paint. If possible, do not park under trees and when available, keep your vehicle covered or in a garage.